[Mauiusers] maui not honoring multiple PBSPro node attributes

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Wed Mar 22 15:31:26 MST 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 04:10:56PM -0600, Franco M. Bladilo wrote:
> We are having issues with maui-3.2.6p14 and multiple PBSpro node
> attributes, maui doesn't seem to see after the first node attribute on a
[snip]

> The node features column only sees the first attribute specified on the
> nodesfile , nothing else. Jobs that request the second attribute never
> get to run.
>
> Any ideas?

I had this same problem when running PBSPro 5.4.x and Moab.  Although I
can't say when the Maui developers will port the fix for this problem
that's in Moab, you should be able to use the NODECFG parameter as a
temporary work-around.

NODECFG[nodename] FEATURES=one,two,three

I used this work-around semi-successfully while Moab was still broken.  In
order for this to work, you will need to remove all features on the node
definitions in PBS.  If Maui sees any features at all in PBS's node
configuration, it will use those and then only use the first one.

HTH,

Gabe

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
UNIX Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
 for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation         www.msi.umn.edu