[Mauiusers] Standing Reservation not working

Troy Baer troy at osc.edu
Wed Mar 8 11:22:29 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 11:54 -0500, Mary Ellen Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I tried you suggestion, and it do not work.
> mef2 submitted a job to test queue, and node124 was off-line.  The job
> ran on another node.
>
> Just not sure how to isolate that node to test queue and user mef2.

I guess I'm confused, because that's not quite the same as the behavior
you said you wanted earlier:

> The goal is to have a permanent standing reservation for node124,
> where jobs submitted by SRUSERLIST/SRGROUP will be allowed to access
> the node and no one else.  If the node is idle, it will not be used by
> other jobs.

Do you want jobs in the test queue/class to run *ONLY* on node124?  If
that's the case, you'll have to set a host list (as well as user/group
ACLs) on the PBS side for the test queue:

# in qmgr
set queue test acl_host_enable = True
set queue test acl_hosts = node124
set queue test acl_user_enable = True
set queue test acl_users = mef2

# in maui.cfg
SRNAME[0] zodiac
SRHOSTLIST[0] node124
SRPERIOD[0] INFINITY
SRCLASSLIST[0] test

	--Troy
Troy Baer                       troy at osc.edu
Science & Technology Support    http://www.osc.edu/hpc/
Ohio Supercomputer Center       614-292-9701