[Mauiusers] Maui Partition access list

Piero Calucci calucci at sissa.it
Thu Mar 2 03:02:47 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 22:33 +0100, Roy Dragseth wrote:
> Partitions seems to be buggy in maui, I recommend you to use standing
> reservations instead.  At least my problems went away when I dropped the
> partitions from the config.

I had to do the following things to make partitions work:

1) modifiy include/moab.h to allow more than 4 partitions and recompile
   (2 partitions are used by maui itself, so you need to do this if you
   need more than 2 partitions)

2) add the following to my maui.cfg:
	PARTITIONMODE           ON
	SYSCFG[base]            PLIST=
   (this looks like black magic to me; sorry, I can't remember where I
   found it)

This applies to maui 3.2.6p13 (working with torque 1.2.0p6 on
Linux/x86-64, if that matters)

--
pc