[Mauiusers] maui and PBSPro 7 integration

Andrew J Caird acaird at umich.edu
Wed Jun 14 20:56:10 MDT 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Franco Martin Bladilo wrote:

> Andrew,
> Job arrays and integration with the matlab distributed computing toolkit
> are two of the main reasons driving us to a PBSPro upgrade. I think our
> next step should be setting up the test system and identify specific
> issues with the configuration.
>
> Your input was very valuable indeed, thank you.
>
> Franco.

Franco,

I don't know that much about the Matlab distributed computing toolkit
(although we are talking to Mathworks in a few weeks), but you might be
able to get some more support from CRI and the open source Torque
developers on job arrays if you need it.  You might want to join the
torque-dev email list
(http://www.clusterresources.com/pages/resources/mailing-lists.php)
and check the archives for "job arrays" at http://tinyurl.com/j4c8m

I agree that a test system is the best first step.  It's also probably
worth talking to Altair as well as CRI - perhaps you'll have better luck
than we did with the integration.  Please let us know how it goes, I'm
curious and hope you have better luck than we did.

--andy