[Mauiusers] NodeAllocationPolicy and Partitions

Schulz, Henrik H.Schulz at fz-rossendorf.de
Thu Jan 26 02:00:40 MST 2006

Dear all,

(1) We are using maui-3.2.6p13 and we have a problem with the
configuration of NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY=FASTEST in combination with
configured PARTITION values of each node.
What I mean is: in maui.cfg there is such a line for each node:

NODECFG[cn1] SPEED=1.0 PARTITION=SLOW
NODECFG[cn50] SPEED=2.0 PARTITION=FAST

If no partition is requested the scheduler always uses nodes with lowest
SPEED. If PARTITION:FAST is requested the scheduler uses the nodes with
lowest SPEED in this partition.

Before we configured partitions in our cluster the scheduler always took
nodes with the highest speed value.

So, what is to do to realize FASTEST correctly?

(2) Another problem with patitions arises when we configure standig
reservations. Without

SRCFG[wartung]    PARTITION=ALL

the reservation is only for the first partition, even though all nodes
are listed in HOSTLIST.

Thanks!
Henrik