[Mauiusers] PREEMPTION under maui

Mark Nelson Mark.Nelson at durham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 16 09:07:50 MST 2006

Hello

I am currently running a PBS-Torque(1.0.1p6-11)/MAUI (3.2.6p11-2)
combination, I am trying to initially configure two queues, short.q and
extrashort.q so that if there is a job running in the short.q queue and
a user submits a job into the extrashort.q queue, the job in the short
queue is suspended whilst the extrashort.q job runs i.e

Job running in short.q

User submits job to extrashort.q

Job in short.q is suspended

Job in extrashort.q runs to completion.

Job in short.q resumes execution

Is this possible or am I on a wild goose chase ?

I have attached the maui.cfg file below.

Thanks in advance

Mark.

SERVERHOST              test.phyip3.dur.ac.uk
ADMIN1                  root
ADMINHOST               test.phyip3.dur.ac.uk
RMCFG[base]             TYPE=PBS
RMCFG[base]             SUSPENDSIG=19
SERVERPORT              40559
SERVERMODE              NORMAL

RMPOLLINTERVAL        00:00:20

LOGFILE               /var/log/maui.log
LOGFILEMAXSIZE        10000000
LOGLEVEL              5

DEFERTIME       00:01:00

PREEMPTPOLICY           SUSPEND

FSQOSWEIGHT     0
CLASSWEIGHT             1

QOSWEIGHT               2

QOSCFG[low]             QFLAGS=PREEMPTOR #JOBFLAGS=PREEMPTOR FLAGS=PREEMPTOR
QOSCFG[high]            QFLAGS=PREEMPTEE #JOBFLAGS=PREEMPTEE FLAGS=PREEMPEE

CLASSCFG[extrashort.q]  QDEF=high
CLASSCFG[short.q]       QDEF=low

CREDWEIGHT              1
GROUPWEIGHT             0
USERWEIGHT              0

- --
Mark Nelson - Mark.Nelson at durham.ac.uk

IPPP, Department of Physics, University of Durham,
Science Laboratories, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE
Office: +44 (0)191 334 3811, Direct Dial: +44 (0)191 334 3653

PGP Key: http://www.ippp.dur.ac.uk/~mn/pgp_key.txt
This mail is for the addressee only