[Mauiusers] Problem replacing pbs_sched with maui

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Jan 4 20:07:09 MST 2006

On Monday 02 January 2006 18:09, Bernhard Aichinger wrote:

> On Dec 30, 11:09, Chris Samuel wrote:
> > On Friday 30 December 2005 01:48, Bernhard Aichinger wrote:
> >> I would be grateful if someone can push me to the right direction.
> >
> > Does it work if you submit with nodes=1 rather than ncpus=1 ?
>
> No, doesn't work either.  Neither nodes nor nodes and ncpus is working for
> me.

Very odd!    I've confirmed that with Torque and Moab on PPC64 Linux and
Torque and Maui on x86 I can do:

qsub -l nodes=1 -l ncpus=1 -I

and have it run OK, so I presume it should be OK on an Altix too..

> Any further ideas?  Is there a default configuration for PBSPro 7.1 (and
> maui) which should work in any case?

We don't use PBSPro so I couldn't comment there, but certainly it seems to
work for us with Torque..

good luck!
Chris