[Mauiusers] maui + gold and non-default groups

Brett Ellis ellis at cs.utk.edu
Wed Jan 4 09:48:45 MST 2006

Hey Jen,
  Maybe the -A field in qsub.  It will get passed in to epilogue as field
9, so that at the job's completion you could set an epilogue script to tell
Gold to charge the account specified by -A.

gcharge -J PBS.1234.0 -p $9 -u amy -m colony -P 2 -t 1234

where -p would $9 in the epilogue script.  You'd need to do some
parsing of the $7 to give time used.  Almost everything else
maps pretty directly.  Here is an overview of the epilogue args

http://www.clusterresources.com/products/torque/docs20/a.gprologueepilogue.shtml

What I'm trying to think thru now is if you do that, since Maui is already
charging, if they will get double charged? I guess you can make torque handle
all the charges, and just tell users to add the -A field for all jobs.

I'm a fan of doing things in Torque rather than Maui.  Seems like you would also
be able to throw -W something in and teach the maui.cfg to override the default
charge group.

Seems like someone would have a more elegant solution than this, but those are
my thoughts.
 Brett