[Mauiusers] maui + gold and non-default groups

Aquarijen aquarijen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 09:03:08 MST 2006

Hi Brett and List Folks,

Yeah, I saw that they can do this manually, but maui is set to
automatically do this for the user to the user's default gold group -
I have it set up so the user doesn't have to reserve or do anything
special at all - because it is required that they pay for cycles, so,
we don't want the possibility of their being able to accidentally not
get charged... We also wanted this to be seamless. Seems like they
should e able to specify something - maybe a variable - in their
submission script and have this be passed to maui so it could change
their from their default project to something more appropriate for
their job...  Am I making sense?  Maui gets their default project from
gold, so it doesn't care.  Maui passes the pbs job info as well to
gold without the user even having to know we have gold or what it
is...  I want to say to the user, "Joe User, use this line in your
submission script to change your project for your job in order for
project X to be charged for cycles rather than Project Y"

-Jen
ORNL Institutional Cluster Admin