[Mauiusers] maui + gold and non-default groups

Aquarijen aquarijen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:39:53 MST 2006

Hi All,

I think I'm missing something in the documentation - if so, if someone
would kindly point me in the right direction I would greatly
appreciate it...  I am not sure if this is a maui or a gold question
(or heck, is this a torque question?).
I have maui hooked into gold and every user has a default group and
all is right with the world -- a user will run a job and the correct
corresponding gol d project/account is debited.  Now, I have users who
need to belong to two projects/accounts.  I can set this up in gold,
but how does the user tell maui to use the non-default group?  Do they
do this in their pbs script?  Do I have to set something up in maui?
How does the user choose that today, for this one job, he's working
for the nanotech group instead of supercooled materials?

I'm sorry if this is covered in the documentation - I am just not finding it.

Thanks!!!
Jen
Sysadmin, ORNL Institutional Cluster