[Mauiusers] jobs stuck in Q

Bruce Becker brucellino at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 01:29:57 MST 2006

Hi all,

sorry for the delay in getting back. New Years and such... Anyway I
have since figured the problem out but the issue was not with
MAUI, but with the TORQUE server setup. The parameter
resources_default.nodes was not set. I had to set it to 1 for the jobs
to start running automatically, else MAUI would claim "not enough
resources for job".

This should have been set by OSCAR when it was installed, but didn't.
If other people have noticed the same behaviour - having to set
resources_default.nodes - then perhaps it is an OSCAR bug. The cluster
is running OSCAR 4.2.1-1:3482M-20051214 on Scientific Linux 4.2
x86_64, but I remember seeing similar issues when installing our other
system - Fedora Core 3 x86 and OSCAR 4.1b1r2995. It's not a major
hassle if you know how to fix it, but it took me a while...

Thanks
Bruce