[Mauiusers] Could not build on FreeBSD

Andrew J Caird acaird at umich.edu
Mon Feb 27 09:12:39 MST 2006

Alexander,

It looks like the problem is your version of sed.  Maui's configure uses
sed with both the '-f' flag and input from stdin, and some seds don't like
that (notably the Darwin sed, which may be related to the FreeBSD sed).
One option is to install another sed (the GNU sed seems to work fine) and
put that early in your path and see if that helps.

--andy