[Mauiusers] Preemption with Maui

pat.o'bryant at exxonmobil.com pat.o'bryant at exxonmobil.com
Fri Feb 24 07:22:24 MST 2006

     I have been attempting to get preemption to work with Maui. At this
point, I can see in the log that the job that I want preempted has been
suspended. However the preempting job remains queued. A checkjob on the
queued job shows the output below. It appears that a reservation has been
created for the preempting job with some kind of  start time issue. I would
rather have the preempting job start immediately and not wait.
     Does anyone have any ideas on what Maui parameters will make this
work? I have listed my configuration for preemption below the checkjob
output.

      Thanks,
       Pat

Checkjob Output
-------------------------
$ checkjob 13

checking job 13

State: Idle
Creds:  user:jwobrya  group:eutsw  class:dque  qos:normal
WallTime: 00:00:00 of 00:04:00
SubmitTime: Thu Feb 23 15:56:30
  (Time Queued  Total: 00:00:04  Eligible: 00:00:04)

StartDate: 00:00:01  Thu Feb 23 15:56:35
Total Tasks: 8

Req[0]  TaskCount: 8  Partition: ALL
Network: [NONE]  Memory >= 0  Disk >= 0  Swap >= 0
Opsys: [NONE]  Arch: [NONE]  Features: [NONE]

IWD: [NONE]  Executable:  [NONE]
Bypass: 0  StartCount: 0
PartitionMask: [wem2]
Flags:       RESTARTABLE PREEMPTOR

PE:  8.00  StartPriority:  1000
cannot select job 13 for partition DEFAULT (startdate in '00:00:01')

cannot select job 13 for partition wem2 (startdate in '00:00:01') <======
a future date/time ?????

Maui Config for Preemption
RMCFG[wemfsl001] TYPE=PBS SUSPENDSIG=23
# Implement preemption - start
CREDWEIGHT      1
QOSWEIGHT       1
CLASSCFG[dque]  QDEF=normal
CLASSCFG[last]  QDEF=slow
PREEMPTPOLICY   SUSPEND
QOSCFG[normal]  QFLAGS=PREEMPTOR PRIORITY=1000
QOSCFG[slow]    QFLAGS=PREEMPTEE PRIORITY=100
NODEACCESSPOLICY  SHARED
SRCFG           QOSLIST=slow,normal
# Implement preemption - end
NODESETLIST                 wem2