[Mauiusers] trouble with USERCFG limits

Augustinas Abaravichyus augustine at bu.edu
Tue Feb 7 11:18:55 MST 2006

Hello,

we are having several problems with  'USERCFG[user] MAXJOB=limit' setting.

It appears that maui double counts the jobs, so I have to set limit*2 in
order to enforce the right limit.

It also appears that when a job exists, additional jobs get started
ignoring the set limit.

maui-3.2.6p14
torque-2.0.0p5

our NODEACCESSPOLICY is set to SHARED.  We do not have these problems on
another cluster where we set NODEACCESSPOLICY as SINGLEJOB.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this, or a pointer to the right place
to ask for help would be greatly appreciated.

- Augustinas