[Mauiusers] FAQ : Maui -> interfacing other RMs

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 08:44:48 MST 2006

>      My university has a Cluster Resource Management which is write by
> ourselves. I need a scheduler for it. I have heard that Maui can
> schedule very well. How can I integrate it to our Cluster Resource
> Management ?

I think the best way is to write a resource manager stub for maui to
interface with your resource management system

For torque/PBS the code is in:

MAUI-SOURCE/src/moab/MPBSI.c

The you'd use this stub in maui.cfg, like:

RMCFG[YOUR_SERVER] TYPE=MY_OWN_RM

I can't point to you to the exact docs for doing so, but others on this
list may do that. The PBS/torque code should show you what info you need
from your proprietary RM.

Cheers,
Ronny