[Mauiusers] GRES and maui question for software licenses

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Mon Dec 18 15:06:33 MST 2006

Hello All,

Each of my nodes have 2 CPUs and 8 GB RAM. I have a total of 12 nodes. I
have a software which will only work in 6 of these nodes.

when a user requests that software, he should be given both the CPUs in
the node regardless of what he requests, as the software takes up a lot of RAM (almost 6 - 7
GB). How can I make this condition work?

I know a little bit about GRES in Maui, but do not really know more than that. I also tried to work
with the Torque MOM config file to enable the generic resources, but no use there too.

Thanks,
Prakash