[Mauiusers] QOS

Åke Sandgren ake.sandgren at hpc2n.umu.se
Tue Dec 5 00:02:43 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 21:38 +0100, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to do several hundred low priority jobs (calculation of a grid). While
> those jobs are in the queue, I want start a few other jobs, but with a higher
> priority. Presently we don't have any "intra-user-queue" priorities and jobs
> will be calculated one after the other just as submitted by the user.
> Reading the maui documentation I see there is QOS, but reading further I have
> the impression that QOS also affects the job priorities related to other user
> jobs and not only the job priorities within my own queue.
> So I ask for some help pointing me into the right direction.

You could set up a QOS that only users allowed to use that queue can

QOSCFG[DEFAULT] priority=0 (or some other QOS parameter)

Don't forget to set QOSWEIGHT to something or the priority from QOS
won't matter.

Now only userx can use the "high" QOS.

should enable the "high" QOS for anyone allowed to use the "somequeue"

There are lots of other ways one can use this too.

Internet: ake at hpc2n.umu.se   Phone: +46 90 7866134 Fax: +46 90 7866126