[Mauiusers] QOS

Åke Sandgren ake.sandgren at hpc2n.umu.se
Tue Dec 5 00:02:43 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 21:38 +0100, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to do several hundred low priority jobs (calculation of a grid). While
> those jobs are in the queue, I want start a few other jobs, but with a higher
> priority. Presently we don't have any "intra-user-queue" priorities and jobs
> will be calculated one after the other just as submitted by the user.
> Reading the maui documentation I see there is QOS, but reading further I have
> the impression that QOS also affects the job priorities related to other user
> jobs and not only the job priorities within my own queue.
>
> So I ask for some help pointing me into the right direction.

You could set up a QOS that only users allowed to use that queue can
utilize.

QOSCFG[high] PRIORITY=9000
QOSCFG[DEFAULT] priority=0 (or some other QOS parameter)

USERCFG[userx] QLIST=high:DEFAULT QDEF=DEFAULT

Don't forget to set QOSWEIGHT to something or the priority from QOS
won't matter.

Now only userx can use the "high" QOS.

CLASSCFG[somequeue] QLIST=high:DEFAULT QDEF=DEFAULT
should enable the "high" QOS for anyone allowed to use the "somequeue"
queue.

There are lots of other ways one can use this too.

Internet: ake at hpc2n.umu.se   Phone: +46 90 7866134 Fax: +46 90 7866126