[Mauiusers] Maui with Torque not working

Sebastian Walter sebastian.walter at fu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 1 09:44:52 MDT 2006

Dear Maui users,

today I tried to install maui over my exisiting and working torque
installation. I restarted even installing torque from ground up. I
therefore use torque 2.1.1 and maui 3.2.6p16-snap.1153529978 (there was
a message in this list claiming that the plain maui-3.2.6p16 has
problems with the actual torque).
Following the Torque Admin Manual and the Moab-PBS/TORQUE Integration
Guide, I had no problems compiling and installing the software. But my
jobs are not processed.

qstat gives me (it doesn't matter if maui is running at all):

Job id              Name             User            Time Use S Queue
2.master         STDIN            torqusr              0 Q batch

showq shows no jobs.

In the maui.log (attached), I find warnings about not finding resources
and workload. Do I have to define that before the queues get processed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sebastian