[Mauiusers] Re: Suspended jobs resume execution

David Corredor tecnico at nsstc.uah.edu
Mon Apr 24 08:54:40 MDT 2006

 The problem is not just that the suspended job gets once again preempted
by a job of its same class from the IDLE queue, this happens regardless
of the class of the new job.

  Ex.  3 queues (1 verylong, 1 long, 1 fast.  Fast preempts long and
verylong, and long preempts verylong, verylong should not preempt).
    - Submit 1 long job so that it takes all resources in cluster.
    - Submit a verylong job so that it waits in the IDLE queue.
    - Submit a fast job.

  The fast job preempts the long one, and once it finishes, instead of the
long one to resume execution, the verylong kicks in and preempts it once
again (and it shouldn't).

<quote who="Ronny T. Lampert">