[Mauiusers] Job stuck with exec_host set but queued

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Sep 13 20:24:48 MDT 2005

Hi folks,

I've got a job that's queued and somehow managed to get itself into the state
where exec_host is set to a list of nodes even though it's still waiting to
run.  It appears that it has attempted to start and failed and now has this
vestige left and I can't figure out how to remove it!

Checkjob says:

RM failure, rc: 15057, msg: 'Cannot execute at specified host because of
checkpoint or stagein files MSG=cannot assign hosts'

Not sure quite what that's trying to tell me, I suspect the last part of the
message is more accurate than the former as neither of the two statements are
correct.

Any clues ?

Chris