[Mauiusers] Max idle jobs per class AND user?

Dave Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Mon Sep 5 17:49:36 MDT 2005

Stewart,

  Moab provides multi-dimensional idle policies along the user
dimension.  For example, it can support any of the following:

# allow any user to queue 5 jobs to any class
CLASSCFG[DEFAULT] MAXIJOB[USER]=5

# allow steve to queue 4 jobs to class batch
# allow john to queue 6 jobs to class batch
CLASSCFG[batch]   MAXIJOB[USER:steve]=4 MAXIJOB[USER:john]=6

# allow acct special to queue up to 400 procs worth of jobs per user
ACCTCFG[special] MAXIPROC[USER]=400

  This means you can control 'per user' usage within any other
credential associated with any type of limit (MAXNODE, MAXPE, MAXPS,
etc).

  With these policies in place, user may continue to submit jobs but
they will not be allowed to accrue service based priority.

  If you would like to constrain even the ability to submit jobs, this
can be done within Moab if submitting directly to Moab.  If submitting
directly to another resource manager (ie TORQUE), this limit should be
enforced within that resource manager.

  Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Dave