[Mauiusers] Maui/Torque interaction problem

Jon Wright jon at gate.sinica.edu.tw
Fri Sep 2 02:17:49 MDT 2005

Hi,

We use the arch declaration to send different types of jobs to different nodes
on our cluster so for example a machine might have in its mom config file:

arch xeon24

using qmgr we set a queue to use this arch type using

qmgr -c 'set queue amd64 resources_default.arch'

and maui used to be very happy to match the arch types up and send the jobs
off to the right nodes. This worked well with torque 1.0 and if we used
diagnose -n fred we'd see

State:      Idle  (in current state for 00:49:13)
Configured Resources: PROCS: 2  MEM: 2008M  SWAP: 2008M  DISK: 1M
Utilized   Resources: [NONE]
Dedicated  Resources: [NONE]
Opsys:       DEFAULT  Arch:      xeon24
Speed:      1.00  Load:       0.000
Network:    [DEFAULT]
Features:   [dser]
Attributes: [Batch]
Classes:    [medium 2:2][long 2:2][parallel 2:2][xeon 2:2][short 2:2][amd64
2:2][default 2:2]

However on upgrading to torque 1.2.0p5 maui can no longer access the ARCH type
of the node we get:

State:      Idle  (in current state for 00:50:13)
Configured Resources: PROCS: 2  MEM: 2008M  SWAP: 2008M  DISK: 1M
Utilized   Resources: [NONE]
Dedicated  Resources: [NONE]
Opsys:       DEFAULT  Arch:      [NONE]
Speed:      1.00  Load:       0.000
Network:    [DEFAULT]
Features:   [dser]
Attributes: [Batch]
Classes:    [medium 2:2][long 2:2][parallel 2:2][xeon 2:2][short 2:2][amd64
2:2][default 2:2]

we've upgraded maui to the latest version but the ARCH is still not picked up
by maui, we've also tried looking at not using ARCH but instead SRCFG in maui
but it seems that we can't figure it out from the docs and actually a
showparm -v doesn't show that maui has even accepted our SRCFG sections.

Anyway can someone please look at why maui can not understand the ARCH line
from torque anymore? For now we've backed our torque version back to 1.0 but
it would be nice to run the latest.

Thanks
Jon