[Mauiusers] Max idle jobs per class AND user?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Sep 1 09:24:53 MDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 03:11:12PM +0200, Georg Hager alleged:
> stuffing. Ideally, I'd like to write something like
>
> CLASSCFG[DEFAULT]  MAXIJOBPERUSER=4
>
> so that a user can have 4 waiting jobs in class A and B each and
> all 8 of them can be eligible.
>
> Is something like that possible with the current Maui version?

Are you using TORQUE/openpbs?  If so, try the 'max_user_run' attribute
on the execution queue.  I think that will give you the result that you
want.

max_user_run
     The  maximum  number  of jobs owned by a single user that are
     allowed to be running from this  queue  at  one  time.  This
     attribute is advisory to the Scheduler, it is not enforced by
     the server.  Format: integer; default value: none.

University of Southern California