[Mauiusers] Max idle jobs per class AND user?

Georg Hager georg.hager at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Sep 1 07:11:12 MDT 2005

Hi all,

related to my previous posting: How can I (maui 3.2.6p13) limit the number
of idle (eligible) jobs per user AND class? Using

is insufficient because if a user has 4 idle jobs in class A and 4
more in class B, the jobs in B are not eligible and will not run
although B is associated with different, currently unused
resources. On the other hand,

is also bad (even if it worked) because that would not prevent queue
stuffing. Ideally, I'd like to write something like

so that a user can have 4 waiting jobs in class A and B each and
all 8 of them can be eligible.

Is something like that possible with the current Maui version?

Thanks in advance,

Georg Hager               | Email:
Regionales Rechenzentrum  |    Georg.Hager at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Erlangen, HPC Services    | Tel.:            (+49)9131/85-28973
Martensstr. 1, 1.020      | Fax:               (+49)9131/302941
D-91058 Erlangen, Germany | http://www.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/hpc