[Mauiusers] Max idle jobs per class AND user?

Georg Hager georg.hager at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Sep 1 07:11:12 MDT 2005

Hi all,

related to my previous posting: How can I (maui 3.2.6p13) limit the number
of idle (eligible) jobs per user AND class? Using

USERCFG[DEFAULT]  MAXIJOB=4

is insufficient because if a user has 4 idle jobs in class A and 4
more in class B, the jobs in B are not eligible and will not run
although B is associated with different, currently unused
resources. On the other hand,

CLASSCFG[DEFAULT]  MAXIJOB=4

is also bad (even if it worked) because that would not prevent queue
stuffing. Ideally, I'd like to write something like

CLASSCFG[DEFAULT]  MAXIJOBPERUSER=4

so that a user can have 4 waiting jobs in class A and B each and
all 8 of them can be eligible.

Is something like that possible with the current Maui version?

Thanks in advance,
Georg.

--
Georg Hager               | Email:
Regionales Rechenzentrum  |    Georg.Hager at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Erlangen, HPC Services    | Tel.:            (+49)9131/85-28973
Martensstr. 1, 1.020      | Fax:               (+49)9131/302941
D-91058 Erlangen, Germany | http://www.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/hpc