[Mauiusers] node's MAXJOB based on a queue?

Yaroslav Halchenko maui at onerussian.com
Thu Oct 27 09:28:23 MDT 2005

Dear Developers,

I am using maui 3.2.6p14 with torque 1.2.0p6. All the nodes are dual-cpu
boxes and to facilitate shared use of them I set them up with 6 virtual
processors (np=6). I need to limit number of jobs from the same queue to
be ran on the same node, so I don't have more than 1 per cpu from the
same queue. I've looked through maui's documentation thoroughly.
Suggested solution I have found is to use class initiatators to fix
number of those per class/queue per node. But that solution (as I
understood) is not compatible with PBS (torque).

Is there other way for me to reach the goal?
Something like

CLASSCFG[long] MAXJOBPERNODE=2

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Sincerely
--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark