[Mauiusers] node's MAXJOB based on a queue?

Yaroslav Halchenko maui at onerussian.com
Thu Oct 27 09:28:23 MDT 2005

Dear Developers,

I am using maui 3.2.6p14 with torque 1.2.0p6. All the nodes are dual-cpu
boxes and to facilitate shared use of them I set them up with 6 virtual
processors (np=6). I need to limit number of jobs from the same queue to
be ran on the same node, so I don't have more than 1 per cpu from the
same queue. I've looked through maui's documentation thoroughly.
Suggested solution I have found is to use class initiatators to fix
number of those per class/queue per node. But that solution (as I
understood) is not compatible with PBS (torque).

Is there other way for me to reach the goal?
Something like

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark
Office: (973) 353-5440x263 | FWD: 82823 | Fax: (973) 353-1171
        101 Warren Str, Smith Hall, Rm 4-105, Newark NJ 07105
Student  Ph.D. @ CS Dept. NJIT