[Mauiusers] Regarding the recently adressed problem of double counting resources for running jobs...

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Tue Oct 25 14:14:36 MDT 2005

Ake,

You wrote the 16th of September:
> If this haven't beens solved already....
>
> MStatInitializeActiveSysUsage only gets called once per iteration.
> MQueueAddAJob calls MStatUpdateActiveJobUsage (which states that "policy
> usage cleared in MQueueSelectAllJobs") which in turn calls
> MPolicyAdjustUsage(NULL,J,NULL,mlActive,NULL,-1,1,NULL);
> incresing J->Cred.U->L.AP.Usage[mptMaxJob][0]
> MQueueSelectAllJobs then calls MStatClearUsage([NONE],Idle)
> NOT resetting active usage and then goes on calling
> MPolicyAdjustUsage(NULL,J,NULL,mlActive,NULL,-1,1,NULL);
>
> the net result is that each job gets counted twice.

No, this is still not solved in the latest snapshot, Maui version
maui-3.2.6p14-snap.1129921819.

Would you propose to put in a line

	MStatInitializeActiveSysUsage();

just in front of the two lines

	MPolicyAdjustUsage(NULL,J,NULL,mlActive,&MPar[0].L.AP,-1,1,NULL);
	MPolicyAdjustUsage(NULL,J,NULL,mlActive,NULL,-1,1,NULL);

in source file src/moab/MPolicy.c ?

My initial testing of the change solves my counting problems (see bugzilla,
bug 98, "Maui tries to calculate used resources of running jobs, but makes
a factor two error"), but might I have introduced new bugs?

CRI, what would you think about adding such a line?

   http://www.nsc.liu.se