[Mauiusers] nodeaccesspolicy based on queue and job?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Oct 19 21:42:41 MDT 2005

I just now (a few minutes ago) got things working with a QOS.  I found
that you can't override a global "NODEACCESSPOLICY SINGLEJOB" with a
per-job "-W x=NACCESSPOLICY:SHARED", there's just no support for it
maui.  Fortunately the other way around works:

NODEACCESSPOLICY           SHARED

CLASSCFG[cmbmain]
CLASSCFG[cmbshared]     QDEF=shared QLIST=shared
QOSCFG[DEFAULT]         QFLAGS=DEDICATED
QOSCFG[shared]          QFLAGS=RESERVEALWAYS

Where I have a routing queue in TORQUE called "cmb" sending single-proc
jobs to cmbshared and the rest to cmbmain.  It seems to work, but seems
like a fragile config.  I don't know why i need "QFLAGS=RESERVEALWAYS",
but a second job simply doesn't start without it.

I think it is good enough for now, but I'll take a raincheck on that
favor :)

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:31:51PM -0600, David B Jackson alleged: