[Mauiusers] nodeaccesspolicy based on queue and job?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Oct 19 14:37:37 MDT 2005

On my large cluster with a global "NODEACCESSPOLICY SINGLEJOB", I'm
trying to meet a specific requirement of letting single-proc jobs within
a specific class share nodes.  This should be transparent to the user
and not require additional arguments to qsub (from TORQUE).

I can't think of a way to do this purely in maui.cfg.  It seems like I
should able to do this with a QOS, but it doesn't seem possible.

Other possibilities that I can think of include:

- In TORQUE, single-proc jobs go through a routing queue that adds
  NACCESSPOLICY:SHARED to the RM extensions (doesn't seem possible).

- In TORQUE, route single-proc jobs to a different execution queue, then
  maui.cfg has "CLASSCFG[foo] NODEACCESSPOLICY SHARED" (also doesn't
  seem possible).

- A qsub filter that adds "-W x=NACCESSPOLICY:SHARED" for single-proc
  jobs in the correct queue.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

University of Southern California