[Mauiusers] Altix cpuset support in torque/maui

djb1 D.J.Baker at soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 08:36:04 MDT 2005

Hello,
     Thank you again, Dave, for pointing out the URL re. cpuset support in
torque/maui. I've been reading through the notes today, and it all seems
fairly straight forward. I've been thinking through how we might do things
on our Altix. There's one issue that I'm not totally clear on, and I
wondered if anyone could please help.

On our Altix we have 16 cpus (of course torque "sees" these cpus as one
node). I don't have the clock speeds at hand -- let's just say that 8 have
clock speed A, and the remaining 8 cpus have clock speed B. Is it possible
to ensure that when a cpuset is created that the member cpus of the set have
the same clock speed, or is this impossible? Does anyone in the community
have any comments and/or advice in this respect, please?

Thank you -- David Baker.