[Mauiusers] Job Priorities and maui with torque

Jeff Blasius jeff.blasius at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 08:01:36 MDT 2005

Hello Everyone,
We are moving a group away from the torque scheduler to maui, but it
seems the more advanced priority scheme is causing them trouble.

What they normally do is submit jobs through a web interface that
lowers their priority throughout the day using "qsub -p". At the end
of the day the counter resets and the priority goes back to the
starting point. This enables power users to login and specify a higher
priority to make sure their job runs right away.

So, can I tweak maui in some way to respect the torque priorities? How
can I configure maui to respect hard priorities? That is, jobs with a
priority 2 will always run before priority 1.

Thank You,
                    jeff

Jeff Blasius / jeff.blasius at yale.edu
Phone: (203)432-9940  51 Prospect Rm. 011
High Performance Computing (HPC)
UNIX Systems Administrator, WorkStation Support (WSS)
Yale University Information Technology Services (ITS)