[Mauiusers] How do I associate a node subset with specific users ?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Oct 5 18:08:38 MDT 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 12:31 am, Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:

> Question: How do I associate a node property or a node subset
> with a specific group of users ?  Or maybe my goal should be
> achieved in a completely different way ?

I would use a standing reservation, something like:

SRCFG[extranodes] PERIOD=INFINITY
SRCFG[extranodes] HOSTLIST=node024,node025,node026,node027
SRCFG[extranodes] ACCESS=DEDICATEDRESOURCE
SRCFG[extranodes] USERLIST=niceguy,friend1,friend2

Caveat: that's off of the top of my head, based on something we did ages ago
(that worked) but if it breaks your scheduler or eats your cat don't blame
me. :-)

See the documentation on reservations in Maui at

http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/7.1.5managingreservations.shtml

for more info..

That way you don't need to do anything about setting attributes on nodes;
although it might be useful to do so to allow them to target those nodes and
then you'd use the trick that was posted about setting attributes via the
queue they asked for.

cheers!
Chris