[Mauiusers] How do I associate a node subset with specific users ?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Wed Oct 5 08:31:03 MDT 2005

This is probably a FAQ, but I couldn't find a solution in the
Maui documentation:

We've added 24 nodes owned by a certain person to our cluster,
and those nodes have been created with a specific node property
which uniquely identifies them.

Now we want to enforce the policy that only the nodes' owner
(or a small group of people) should be able to run jobs on
the 24-node subset.  If other users request these nodes,
their jobs should not be allowed to start.  In fact, if
users don't specify any node properties, then their jobs should
*not* be considered by Maui for running on the 24-node subset.

Preferably the usual queues should be used (long, verylong, etc.),
but it would also be OK to create a new queue exclusively for the
24-node subset.

Question: How do I associate a node property or a node subset
with a specific group of users ?  Or maybe my goal should be
achieved in a completely different way ?

Thanks a lot,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark