[Mauiusers] migrating to maui

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Oct 4 17:10:23 MDT 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:21 pm, Chris Johnson wrote:

>      Yes I read the manual.  Must have missed something.  I was hoping
> a simple
>
> CLASSWEIGHT       1
>
> CLASSCFG[corporal]     10
> CLASSCFG[sergeant]     20
> CLASSCFG[lieutenant]   30
> CLASSCFG[captain]      40
>
> etc, would do the right thing.  Doesn't seem to be working that way.
> As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to be prioritizing at all.

You may also want:

QUEUETIMEWEIGHT 0

to disable the default FIFO priority system that gets enabled by default, and
is probably being adding to existing priorities.

The diagnose -p command should give you an idea of where a jobs priorities are
coming from and showq -i will list the idle jobs in priority order with their
priority value.

good luck!
Chris