[Mauiusers] migrating to maui

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 4 07:21:25 MDT 2005

     Hi all,

     Trying to migrate to maui from the standard distribution of
torque and its out-of-the-box C scheduler.  Have most of the
functionality duplicated.  Now trying to duplicate the standard queue
priority system.  I have 7 queues with varying priorities in a very
simple straight forward priority system.

     Say jobs are running in the default queue.  If jobs are submitted
to a queue with a higher priority, those jobs get scheduled next.
Submitting to a lower priority queue and these jobs will sit until all
higher priority queues are cleared.

     Yes I read the manual.  Must have missed something.  I was hoping
a simple

CLASSWEIGHT       1

CLASSCFG[corporal]     10
CLASSCFG[sergeant]     20
CLASSCFG[lieutenant]   30
CLASSCFG[captain]      40

etc, would do the right thing.  Doesn't seem to be working that way.
As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to be prioritizing at all.

     Obviously I'm missing something.  Probably right in front of my
face.  This shouldn't be anything fancy at all.  Maui must be able to
do it but I'm having trouble getting it to work.

     Help appreciated.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |I'm continually amazed by mankind's seemingly
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |infinite capacity for stupidity.    Me