[Mauiusers] MAUI miscounts total running user specific jobs ... (cont)

Richard Walsh rbw at ahpcrc.org
Tue Nov 29 15:56:41 MST 2005

All,

It appears that there is at least a possibility of double counting under
some
circumstances in MPolicy.c at around lines 1780 to 1800:

      for (pindex = 0;pindex < MAX_MPOLICY;pindex++)
        {
        tPU[oindex1][oindex2]->Usage[pindex][0] += Count *
PConsumed[pindex];
        }

      if (PIndex != 0)
        {
        for (pindex = 0;pindex < MAX_MPOLICY;pindex++)
          {
          tPU[oindex1][oindex2]->Usage[pindex][PIndex] += Count *
PConsumed[pindex];
          }
        }

where the statements on the inside of each for loop are identical.  If
both are
executed under some circumstance then I think you are going to get a
doubling
of the 'InUse' value that MAXJOB is compared against.  Can someone that
knows the code take this a bit further and perhaps see if it is possible
that the
both loops are entered?  I am willing to test any suggested fixes.

Regards,

Richard Walsh

--

Richard B. Walsh

Project Manager
Network Computing Services, Inc.
Army High Performance Computing Research Center (AHPCRC)
rbw at ahpcrc.org  |  612.337.3467

This message (including any attachments) may contain proprietary or
privileged information, the use and disclosure of which is legally
restricted.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by reply message, do not otherwise distribute it, and delete
this message, with all of its contents, from your files.