[Mauiusers] Premature end of message - ?

Qadir Timerghazin qadir.timerghazin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:49:25 MST 2005

Hello all,

I am trying to setup Torque/Maui at a small Linux cluster, with the
nodes inside the private network and the headnode with two network
interfaces. While the test installation using one of the cluster nodes as
a queue master and two other nodes as execution hosts worked perfectly,
I can not make it work at the headnode: all the jobs get stuck and
checkjob gives the following:

--------------------------------
Holds:    Defer
Messages:  cannot start job - RM failure, rc: 15031, msg: 'Premature end
of message'
PE:  1.00  StartPriority:  1
cannot select job 0 for partition DEFAULT (job hold active)
--------------------------------

I tried changing the server hostname in Torque and Maui configuration
files from internal to external and back without much success. Do you
think the 'Premature end of message' error has to do with the hostname
confusion or I should look somewhere else?

Thank you.

Qadir

Qadir K. Timerghazin
Centre for Research in Molecular Modeling (CERMM)

Concordia University
Richard J. Renaud Science Complex
7141 Sherbrooke St.West
Montréal, Québec, CANADA H4B 1R6