[Mauiusers] torque, maui out of sync

Austin Godber godber at mars.asu.edu
Mon Nov 21 09:41:54 MST 2005

Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 09:05:05AM -0700, Austin Godber alleged:
>>I have fixed the queues I first mentioned by completely removing the
>>CLASSCFG settings from my maui.cfg but I still have a queue that maui
>>doesn't see.
>>
>>and a diagnose -c does not show the queue at all.  But for jobs
>>submitted to this queue the maui.log says:
>
> I think you have hit the default limit on the number of classes.  See
> MAX_MCLASS in include/msched-common.h and
> http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/a.ddevelopment.shtml

I see.  MAX_MCLASS and MAX_CLASS are set to 16.  I currently have 17
queues, though two of them are test queues and one is a routing queue.
I probably ran into this limit with a vengence earlier in the week when
I added half a dozen other queues.

What is the difference between MAX_MCLASS and MAX_CLASS?

What are the consequences of doubling MAX_MCLASS?

Austin