[Mauiusers] maui obeying PBS consumable generic resources

nathaniel.x.woody at gsk.com nathaniel.x.woody at gsk.com
Tue Nov 15 13:22:42 MST 2005

All,

I feel like there must be documentation on this somewhere, but I'm missing
something.  I am using torque (2.0.0p1) with Maui (3.2.6p13) I would like
to specify per-node generic resources as described in the Torque
Administrators manual (Appendix c). I have a mom_priv/config file residing
on a node that looks like this:

$pbsserver      192.168.1.250
$logevent       255

$restricted     192.168.1.250

daylight        !/apps/daylight/test_dylicense.py
foo             1

I can "verify" that this information has been exported by running pbsnodes
-a <nodename>.  Along with a bunch of other information I have an entry
that says:
gres=foo:1+daylight:!/apps/daylight/test_dy_license.py,netload=13....
Which would lead me to believe that the pbs_server is aware of my request.

Following my best guess of what to do, I try a command like:

$ qsub-l nodes=1:foo cpu_test.py
qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits

So my questions are:
1) Does Maui support specification of per-node generic resources (I
believe it does, but that would be an easy answer)
2) Where do I look next to try to find my configuration error?

Thanks,
Nate