[Mauiusers] (no subject)

Stewart.Samuels at sanofi-aventis.com Stewart.Samuels at sanofi-aventis.com
Fri Nov 11 09:18:14 MST 2005

Thanks to everyone who pointed me to ADMIN3 to allow users to use both the "diagnose" and "showq" commands to view job priorities.  This now lets users execute these commands, however, diagnose -p and showq -i display the priorities of "idle" jobs.  Can someone perhaps explain better than the documentation what "idle" really means?  I understand it to basically mean that a job has no holds or constraints placed upon it other than available resources.

If a job is in the queues with nothing stopping them from executing except an open slot based on their needs, shouldn't users and administrators be able to see it's priority?  We are using Maui-3.2.6p11 with Torque-1.2.0p1 (old I know).  We would like our users and administrators to be able to view the priorities, particularly those specified through QOS of all jobs in the system.  How can users confirm whether or not they submitted their jobs with appropriate priorities?

When I execute either the diagnose -p or the showq -i commands with queued or executing jobs, most of the time I get a response of:

	no idle jobs in queue

On occassion, I get a priority listing back but I haven't yet figured out what the trigger is.  Why is it sometimes a get a list and sometimes not.  It doesn't seem to matter if I am just a user or a maui administrator.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

               Stewart Samuels
               Infrastructure Evolution and Integration
               Scientific and Medical Affairs
               Sanofi-Aventis Pharmaceutical
               1041 Route 202-206
              Bridgewater, NJ  08807

              Phone:	(908) 231-4762
              Fax:		(908) 231-3488
              email:		Stewart.Samuels at Sanofi-Aventis.com