[Mauiusers] Email spam from maui/torque

Maestas, Christopher Daniel cdmaest at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 23 14:25:00 MST 2005

Hello,

There were some posts to this awhile back that were related to excessive
email alerts used to be send when the pbs_mom for node 0 died.
However I think there is yet another case we've encountered.  When Maui
cannot correctly cancel a job via the following params
---
#
# ensure jobs get killed, when they should
#
JOBMAXOVERRUN   00:1:00
WCVIOLATIONACTION CANCEL
---

It will continuously try to send email to the jobid over and over and
over.
All the pbs_mom daemons are up for the jobid.  But the following
behaviors occur:
	canceljob JOBID - fails
	qdel JOBID - fails
	qsig -s SIGNULL - works after a couple times, or maybe once if I
was patient!

Any clues?

Thanks,

- Chris