[Mauiusers] priority on certain nodes

Wightman wightman at clusterresources.com
Tue Jun 21 11:17:08 MDT 2005

I think it might be possible to set something up like this using standing
reservations.  You could setup a standing reservation on a particular set
of nodes for each group that uses the cluster.  You can then assign
positive affinity for those that "own" that group of nodes and negative
affinity for those that don't.  This means that jobs of a certain group
will gravitate towards the nodes they own.  This still leaves open the
option of a job running on a set of nodes that don't belong to its group,
it just means that the sheduler will try other options first.

Check out section 7.1.5.2.4 of the documentation.

Is this what you had in mind?

- Douglas
Cluster Resources, INC.