[Mauiusers] numerous problems with reservations

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Jul 27 13:04:44 MDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 08:36:00AM -0700, Garrick Staples alleged:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 12:07:01PM +0200, Lennart Karlsson alleged:
> > With more than a dozen Linux clusters, how can I easily see what I
> > have installed on a specific cluster? I do not like the idea that
> > two different software distributions have the same name. Actually,
> > I disgust that idea. So I have a mental barrier against installing
> > snap versions.
>
> I write rpms for myself.

And having rpms for production machines is crucial for me.  Because I always
have several patches in my builds, rpm lets me correlate from a production
binary to a specific source rpm with the exact patches and my own detailed
changelog.  My rpms are named maui-$version-snap.$timestamp.$patchrev, ie:
maui-3.2.6p14-snap.1121392090.3usc.

Ditto for torque-1.2.0p5-snap.1122047345.4usc and qbank-2.11.0-11usc.

If you are curious,
My current torque, maui, and qbank source rpms are in:
http://mirrors.usc.edu/usc/usclinux/3AS/source/common/

Very latest torque and maui source rpms are in:
http://mirrors.usc.edu/usc/usclinux/3AS/source/testing/common/

University of Southern California