[Mauiusers] Please give all distributions unique names

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Wed Jul 27 04:07:20 MDT 2005

Dear Cluster Resources Inc,

Please, I ask you for an important improvement to your Maui and
Torque distributions:

Could you please make sure that each different software distribution
that you make, including the snap versions, unpacks into a uniquely
named source directory and gives a different output to the "showq -V"
command?

As an example, if I unpack maui-3.2.6p14-snap.1121876607.tar.gz, I would
like to see a maui-3.2.6p14-snap.1121876607 directory and after
installation I would like to get the

	maui client version 3.2.6p14-snap.1121876607

answer to the "showq -V" command. At the moment, this is not the case and
all p14 snapshots unpack into the same directory and give the same answer
to the "showq -V" command.

If you would be so kind to implement this improvement, I would be highly
encouraged to move into the snapshot zone. As it is now, I am highly
discouraged, because I want to easily see exactly what software distribution
I am running on each of our clusters.

Best regards,
   http://www.nsc.liu.se
   +46 706 49 55 35