[Mauiusers] maui node specs

Marc Langlois marc at keyseismic.com
Tue Jul 5 16:46:07 MDT 2005

I'm trying to get maui 3.2.6p13 working with torque 1.2.0p5 on 2
Solaris-8 servers and a 14 node FedoraCore-3 cluster. We need to submit
parallel jobs that request a single master process on one of the
servers, and N worker processes on the cluster nodes. The closest I've
been able to do is ask for specific node names, e.g.:

qsub -l nodes=server1:ppn=1+clutster01:ppn=1+cluster02:ppn=1 ...

but I'd prefer to define the node properties (or features) "server" and
"cluster" and submit the job with (e.g. for N=6):

qsub -l nodes=1:ppn=1:server+6:ppn=1:cluster ...

Does maui support this form of node request? I've searched the docs
which suggest it does, and the mail-list archives have a number of
similar postings but no answers to this question.

Marc Langlois

Key Seismic Solutions Ltd., Calgary, AB, Canada.
marc at keyseismic dot com