[Mauiusers] Question about maui behaviour and MAXPS

Dave Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Fri Jan 28 15:52:57 MST 2005

Bas,

  Under Moab, you can specify a JOBREJECTIONPOLICY.  From
http://clusterresources.com/moabdocs/a.fparameters.shtml

--------
JOBREJECTPOLICY - zero or more of CANCEL, HOLD, IGNORE, or MAIL

specifies the action to take when the scheduler determines that a job
can never run.  CANCEL issues a call to the resource manager to cancel
the job.  HOLD places a batch hold on the job preventing the job from
being further evaluated until released by an administrator. (NOTE:
Administrators can dynamically alter job attributes and possibly fix the
job.)  With IGNORE, the scheduler will allow the job to exist within the
resource manager queue but will neither process it nor report it.  MAIL
will send email to both the admin and the user when rejected jobs are
detected.  Any combination of attributes may be specified.
--------

  Due to infrastructure constraints, it would be difficult to enable the
MAIL feature and difficult to fully cover all rejection points, but
CANCEL, HOLD, and IGNORE could probably be rolled into Maui for a number
of key failures.

  If this would be of value let us know and we will add it to the
development roadmap.

Dave