[Mauiusers] "consumable resources" questions

Balle, Susanne susanne.balle at hp.com
Mon Jan 31 08:27:25 MST 2005

Dave

Thanks for your explanations. They did clarify a couple of things for
me.

I did go through the documentation and still have a couple of questions.

Let's say I have 2 partitions Part1 and Part2 within my SLURM cluster.

If I only want consumable resources to be enable on Part1 is that
possible?

If NOT is there a way the user can specify that he wants a set of nodes
in let's say Part1 in exclusive mode? The reason I am asking is because
by default SLURM (when Shared is set to No) is allocating the nodes in
exclusive mode for a given job. The user gets the whole node's resources
even if he only needs half the processors within a node or half the
memory. By using Maui's consumable resources we can schedule several
jobs across the same number of nodes as long as there is enough
resources which is more efficient. We just want to make sure that if a
user wants to run in exclusive mode there is a way for him to do that.

Regards

Susanne