[Mauiusers] Maui can't detect resources

Angel de Vicente angelv at iac.es
Fri Jan 28 03:57:46 MST 2005

Hi Siegmar

Siegmar Gross writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I have a working environment with OpenPBS 2.3.16. Now I've installed
 > maui-3.2.6p11. When I replace pbs_sched with maui, I can still submit
 > jobs but it seems that Maui can't see them.
 >
 > tyr 215 qsub PrtEnv.pbs
 > 61.tyr.informatik.fh-fulda.de
 > tyr 216 qstat
 > Job id           Name             User             Time Use S Queue
 > ---------------- ---------------- ---------------- -------- - -----
 > 61.tyr           PrtEnv           fd1026                  0 Q short
 > tyr 217

I had the same problem. I stumbled upon this page
http://www.lcg.kfki.hu/cgi-bin/show.cgi?setupmaui&eng, and I decided to change
the server port to 40559 as in the example, plus I added the ADMINHOST and
RMCFG[base] lines to my configure file and now it does work. I didn't have the
time to look into it, but I guess the key was the server port, I don't know,
maybe someone with more experience can shed some light into this?

Cheers,
Angel de Vicente