[Mauiusers] Question about maui behaviour and MAXPS

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Wed Jan 26 09:07:55 MST 2005

torque 1.1.0p4
maui 3.2.6p11

On our queue we have an max_walltime of 120 hours
and in MAUI we define MAXPS as 10 * max_walltime = 1200 hours

This works as expected an user can use less time if he request more
nodes. This exactly what we wants. The side effect is that an user can
submit job, eg:
	qsub -I -lwalltime=100:00:00 -lnodes=20

This exceeds the MAXPS factor in maui and the node is BLOCKED. My
question is there an flag/configuration that rejects this job instead of
blocking this job?

	Regards