[Mauiusers] ppn=2 specification ignored

Georg Hager Georg.Hager at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Jan 3 09:40:14 MST 2005

Hi all,

Maui 3.2.6p9 and OpenPBS.

When a job specifies -l nodes=X:ppn=2, it sometimes happens that
nodes on our dual-Xeon cluster are not scheduled as a whole,
but that MAUI uses single CPUs (half nodes), as if the user had
used ppn=1. This is a rare case, but it happens from time to time.
Although it did not quite seem applicable here, I have set
JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY EXACTNODE
but that did not improve the situation.

How can I instruct MAUI to obey the ppn= specification?

Thanks in advance,
Georg.

--
Georg Hager               | Email:
Regionales Rechenzentrum  |    Georg.Hager at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Erlangen, HPC Services    | Tel.:            (+49)9131/85-28973
Martensstr. 1, 1.020      | Fax:               (+49)9131/302941
D-91058 Erlangen, Germany | http://www.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/hpc