[Mauiusers] How do I choose the network type for a job???

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Wed Feb 23 07:23:30 MST 2005

Roy,

You wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 February 2005 11:28, Lennart Karlsson wrote:
> > Then it is easy to specify sci in the qsub command:
> >
> > 	qsub -l walltime=3:00:00 -l nodes=8:sci jobscript
>
> Yes, this looks more elegant than my kludge. Do maui then have a preference
> towards the nonsci nodes if one doesn't specify what network one wants?  I
> want jobs that don't specify sci to fill up the nonsci nodes before one
> starts to use the sci nodes.

Maui prefers to use the "last" nodes, i.e. the nodes at the end of the
PBS nodes file, so if you put your non-sci nodes there, it will work
nicely.

But please note that if Maui can schedule your job earlier on sci nodes
than on non-sci nodes, it will schedule them on sci nodes. So I hope
you like it that way. (We do.)

Best regards,
   http://www.nsc.liu.se
   +46 706 49 55 35